What is a glass fiber geogrid? What is the role it?Release:admin | Published: 2010年6月19日
What is a glass fiber geogrids? What is the role it? Fiberglass Geogrid:
Fiberglass geogrid is a kind of enhancement for the road, reinforcing the old road, roadbed and soft soil foundation reinforcement excellent geosynthetics. Fiberglass E-glass fiber geogrid strength through international advanced technology made warp mesh substrate, the surface treatment coating made of semi-rigid products. Have been, two-way high latitude lower tensile strength and elongation, and high temperature resistance, low cold, anti-aging, corrosion resistance and other excellent performance, widely used in asphalt pavement, concrete pavement and the roadbed and rail enhancements subgrade, embankment slope protection, airport runway, desertification and other projects.
Fiberglass geogrid is a glass fiber material, with some weaving mesh made of structural materials, glass fiber to protect and improve the overall performance, specially coated complex treatment process composite materials made of earth. The main ingredient is glass fiber: silica is inorganic material, its physical and chemical properties of extremely stable, and have the strength, high modulus, high wear resistance and excellent on the cold, no long-term creep; thermal stability good; network structure to aggregate interlocking and constraints; to improve load-bearing capacity of asphalt mixtures. Because the surface is coated with a special modified bitumen compound to have double the performance of geogrid greatly improves the wear resistance and cutting ability.
Sometimes with a sense of self-adhesive asphalt impregnated adhesive and surface treatment, so that grid and closely integrated with asphalt pavement. As the soil within the grid of stone in the geogrid interlocking capacity increased, the friction coefficient between them was significantly higher (up to 08 ~ 10), buried soils geogrid pullout force, as between the grid and soil stronger bite force of friction increases significantly, so it is a good reinforcement material. At the same time geogrid is a light weight, has a flexible plastic flat net material, easy on-site cutting and connection, but also overlapping lap, simple construction, no special construction machinery and professional and technical personnel.
1, slow reflective cracking
2, anti-fatigue cracking
3, high temperature rutting
4, anti-low temperature shrinkage cracking
Glass fiber geogrid properties:
(1) High tensile strength, low elongation - Fiberglass geogrid is a glass fiber with high resistance to deformation, elongation of less than 3%.
(2) No long-term creep - as a reinforcing material, have long-term resistance to deformation under load capacity of the creep resistance is extremely important, glass fibers do not creep, which ensure that products can be maintained long-term performance.
(3) thermal stability - the melting temperature of glass fiber above 1000 ℃, which ensures the glass fiber geogrid in paving operations to withstand thermal stability.
(4) compatibility with the asphalt - fiberglass geogrid in the post-treatment process in the coating material is designed for asphalt and each fiber were fully coated with asphalt with high capacitive, thus ensuring the glass fiber geogrid layer at the asphalt mixture will not produce isolation, but rather a solid combination.
(5) physical and chemical stability - specially coated with post-processing agents, various types of glass fiber geogrid to resist physical abrasion and chemical erosion, but also against biological erosion and climate change, to ensure their performance is not affected.
(6) The aggregate interlocking and limits - as is the glass fiber geogrid mesh structure, asphalt concrete aggregate can be run through them, thus forming a mechanical interlocking. This limitation hindered the movement of aggregates, asphalt so the case load in the subject to achieve a better compaction state, higher load-bearing capacity, better performance and less load transfer deformation.
Fiberglass Geogrid rapid development in recent years and is widely used in asphalt pavement, especially with the asphalt overlay layer to reduce reflective cracking. Canada AM University, Texas Transportation Institute with its unique overlay tester geogrid reinforced glass overlay on a lot of analog temperature cycle fatigue test results, test showed that the asphalt specimen reinforced its anti-cracking not reinforced specimen than twice as high. New South Wales Wollongong City Council had fiberglass geogrid, PP geogrid, geotextile fabrics and thick asphalt concrete overlay layer reflective crack control products on-site comparison test, concluded that the glass fiber geogrid easy installation, control reflective cracking is most significant, and moderate cost, and thus promote the use of recommendations.
In some developed countries such as Germany, the United States, Canada, Australia and Japan, the application of fiberglass grating than ten years time, in highway, municipal road and airport pavement areas and other applications demanding a wide range of mechanism has also made a lot of its system, developed a number of the corresponding design application specification.
In China, the application of glass fiber geogrid relatively late, from 1995 to 1996, the Shanghai-Nanjing Expressway for the first use of glass fiber geogrids primary surface of asphalt pavement to prevent cracks caused by surface reflective cracking of asphalt production After years of observation, obvious effect, so in 1997 to 2002 in the Shanghai-Nanjing expressway maintenance works, are still using fiberglass geogrid, for the original surface after washing the new overlay plane layer to enhance Overlay of strength, to prevent reflection cracks.